RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 14 (Xinhua) -- Andy Murray became the first player to win two gold medals in the tennis men's singles event at the Olympic Games when he scraped past Argentine Juan Martin Del Potro 7-5, 4-6, 6-2, 7-5 to retain his London 2012 Olympic Games title on Sunday at the Olympic Tennis Centre.

The newly crowned Rio Games champion hugged Del Potro after the four-hour match, both men with tears in the eyes.

Both Murray and Del Potro, who also took bronze in this event in 2012, both joined Charles Winslow of South Africa and British Josiah Ritchie on a record two Olympic medals in the men's singles.

Men's doubles winner Rafael Nadal of Spain missed the podium after losing to Japanese Kei Nishikori 2-6, 7-6 (7-1) 3-6 in the bronze medal match.

"He played great during the whole match, I didn't play with the right energy during the whole match. I was too tired, especially playing not your 100% against a player like Kei is something almost impossible, but I tried my best and I want to congratulate Kei for a great event," said Nadal, 2008 Olympics singles champion.

Russia's Elena Vesnina and Ekaterina Makarova clinched the women's doubles title in the afternoon after beating Swiss pair Martina Hingis and Timea Bacsinszky 6-4, 6-4.

Vesnina and Makarova lifted the title in their second Olympic trip in one hour and 38 minutes, beating five-time Grand Slam singles winner Hingis, 35, who also has 11 doubles title under her name, and her younger teammate Bacsinszky.

The Russian pair hit 36 winners as compared with 28 from their opponents.

The Russians were happy to wind up their Rio journey from a bad start to a golden end. Vesnina and her partner was stuck at the airport for flight delays in Montreal, where Vesnina was competing with Makarova at the Rogers Cup in preparation for the Olympics. She spent her 30th birthday in the airport terminal there on Aug. 1.

Vesnina said they managed to find the silver lining from the delay.

"We had a tough trip to get here in Rio. We were really distressed in one moment, we missed our connection and we were trying to get here as early as we could because we played the final in Montreal and here we would have different courts, different balls, so we needed to get here early just to get ready.

"But this situation even helped us a little bit to get ready for everything in Rio," she said.

Hingis admitted that they were a little disappointed but said they already did their best.

"With Timea, and this week, I think it's the top position I could be and you just take it as a day and that's why I was emotional. We couldn't have done more than we did, we did the maximum of of our potential," she said. "Of course, you are a little disappointed but, looking back at the journey of what we did we can really take a positive from this week."

In the mixed doubles final, Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Jack Sock won an All-American fight, beating Venus Williams and Rajeev Ram 6-7 (3-7), 6-1, 10-7.

BERLIN, Aug. 22 (Xinhua) -- Dortmund eased 3-0 past fourth-division side Eintracht Trier meanwhile Hamburg craved out a 1-0 win over third-division club Zwickau at the end of the first round in German Cup on Monday.

Last year's finalist Borussia Dortmund scored three goals within 45 minutes.

The "BVB" smoothed the way for the win with eight minutes into the encounter as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's assist allowed Shinji Kagawa to break the deadlock from inside the box.

After the early setback Trier focused on their defence to keep Thomas Tuchel's men in the distance. However, the host's plan did not work out as Aubameyang rattled the woodwork before Kagawa doubled the lead following a square pass from Gonzalo Castro in the 33rd minute.

The visitors controlled the ball and the opponent, as Trier were unable to put up some resistance. Hence, Aubameyang crossed the ball into the area where Andre Schuerrle marked his first competitive goal for Dortmund to seal the deal ahead of time.

Dortmund remained in control of the proceedings after the restart, yet they failed to turn their chances into a tangible reward.

"I am very satisfied," Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel said. "We should have scored more goals in the second half but after all, it was our first competitive match of the season."

Elsewhere, Hamburg advanced into the second round with a tough battle on the road.

The "HSV" dominated the first half but unable to open the scoring against resilient Zwickau. Thus, the visitors had to wait until the 70th minute when substitute and summer signing Alen Halilovic finished a turnover after curling the winner from the edge of the box into the top left corner.

"We played good and deserved the win," new arrival Halilovic said. "I am of course very happy about my first goal. I hope that more will follow soon."

The second round of the German Cup will be drawn on Friday. Enditem

by Zhang Chunxiao and Chang Tiantong

BANGKOK Cheap Nikola Kalinic Jersey , April 13 (Xinhua) -- People across Thailand on Sunday kicked off their three-day merrymaking for the water-splashing Songkran festival, or the Thai New Year Cheap Niccolo Zanellato Jersey , under little, if any Cheap Mattia De Sciglio Jersey , shadow of the prolonged political tension.

Thousands of people in all age groups and from numerous countries crammed into Silom road in downtown Bangkok, one of the major venues designated for celebrating the festival.

Marching along the road Cheap Matteo Gabbia Jersey , the people, many of them in festive costumes Cheap Matias Fernandez Jersey , keep firing water cannons of various sizes and shapes at anyone they see, strangers or friends alike. Some even use long hoses.

Music is being played out loud Cheap Mateo Musacchio Jersey , mixed with laughing and cheering.

Vendors have lined both sides of the road, selling all sorts of Songkran-themed objects Cheap Mario Pasalic Jersey , including water cannons, buckets Cheap Marco Storari Jersey , waterproof bags, costumes Cheap Manuel Locatelli Jersey , ornaments and food.<. Stefon Diggs Jersey   Authentic Shaquem Griffin Jersey   Saquon Barkley Womens Jersey   Royce Freeman Womens Jersey   Roquan Smith Womens Jersey   Richard Sherman Youth Jersey   Patrick Mahomes Youth Jersey   Nick Foles Youth Jersey   Leonard Fournette Kids Jersey   Kirk Cousins Kids Jersey