DHAKA, May 3 (Xinhua) -- Bangladesh's highest economic policy-making body Tuesday approved a multi billion U.S. dollars China-financed project to develop a direct railway connectivity between the capital Dhaka and the southwestern parts of the country.

The "Padma Bridge rail link" project with a cost of 349.88 billion taka (4.47 billion U.S. dollars) was approved at a meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council chaired by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday. Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal told reporters after the meeting that Rail Division is entrusted to implement the project by 2022.

He said a total of 172 kilometers new rail track would be installed under the project.

Chinese government will provide 247.49 billion taka as a loan for the project and the remaining expenditure would be borne by the government, he added.

Bangladesh's cabinet committee on economic affairs in March approved a proposal from the country's railway ministry to give the project to China Railway Group Ltd.

By John Kwoba

NAIROBI Vans Old Skool Pro Black Gum Shoes Sale , June 12 (Xinhua) -- Kenya will enter a big squad to the World Championships in Beijing as it bids to rule the middle and long distance races in the premier track and field competiton in August.

David Okeyo, Athletics Kenya (AK) Vice President, said the country will have a quality team in the relay and sprints races to supplement on the medals from the middle and long distance event.

"We have medal prospects in relays and the field events. Our javelin athlete Julius Yego is doing well and we hope we can compete well in 400m and the relays Wholesale Vans LXVI Old Skool Lite Black White ," Okeyo from Eldoret on Friday after touring athletes training camp.

Kenya sent a team of 49 athletes to the 2013 championships in Mosco, and Okeyo believe they will be able to have at least 60 athletes in Beijing.

"We are scheming on how best to send a big quality team to Beijing. We are talking with athletes and those who have got the qualification marks will have their chance," he said.

IAAF rules demand that only the best three from each country can compete in each of the disciplines in Beijing.

IAAF has said that a record number of athletes are expected to compete at the World Championships in Beijing in August.

Preliminary entries of 2 Clearance Vans Leather Old Skool Reissue DX Black ,567 athletes (1423 men and 1144 women) have been received from 203 federations for the championships, which will be held between August 22-30.

Even taking into account the usual reduction in numbers between preliminary entries and final participants, the IAAF is optimistic that Beijing's Bird's Nest Stadium will witness the biggest ever gathering of athletes for the sport's premier event on its calendar.

There were 1 adidas stan smith australia ,335 athletes from 153 member federations at the first World Championships in 1983, which demonstrates how the sport has progressed at the highest level in the past 30 years.

BEIJING, Feb. 1 (Xinhua) -- Following are the award winners of the China's Central Television (CCTV) Sports Personality of the Year 2014 announced here on Sunday:

Best Male Athlete: Ning Zetao adidas superstar black australia , Swimming;

Best Female Athlete: Li Na, Tennis;

Best Pair: Chen ShiweiXie ZhenyeSu BingtianZhang Peimeng, Athletics;

Best Team: Women's volleyball team;

Best Coach: Lang Ping adidas superstar white australia , Women's volleyball;

Best Rookie: Yuan Xinyue, Volleyball;

Breakthrough: Zhang Hong, Speed Skating;

Best Sportsmanship: Dai Jianrong adidas superstar gold stripe australia , Teacher of special children;

Best Disable athlete: Women's Wheelchair basketball team;

Best Non-Olympic athlete: Chen Penbin, ultra marathon;

Sports Special Contribution: Li Na, Tennis

RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug. 16 (Xinhua) -- They may not have achieved what they came for, but middle-distance runners Nikki Hamblin and Abbey D'Agostino are assured of their places in Olympic Games folklore.

New Zealand's Hamblin and D'Agostino of the United States fell to the ground after tripping in the early stages of Tuesday's second women's 5000m heat here.

D'Agostino was first to recover, urging D'Agostino get back on her feet and finish the race. Both regained their footing before D'Agostino again went to ground. This time Hamblin played the role of motivator.

"Someone had to go help her," Hamblin said. "And if I could even give her one per cent back of what she gave me when she helped me get off the track, that would be amazing.

"She was like, 'go on, go on, I don't know if I can run, keep going, keep going!' "She was saying, 'I can't put weight on my knee.' It was buckling."

Despite both athletes showing obvious signs of discomfort, they managed to finish the race, albeit well behind their fellow competitors.

In moving scenes at the Olympic Stadium, the crowd rose to its feet and offered rousing applause as Hamblin crossed the line in 16 minutes 43.61 seconds. D'Agostino finished 26.41 behind her.

"She ran four and a half laps barely being able to run," Hamblin said.

Both athletes embraced each other after the heat before D'Agostino departed the arena in a wheelchair.

It isn't the first time Hamblin has stumbled during a major event. The 28-year-old also suffered a nasty fall while competing in the 1500m at the 2011 World Championships in Daegu.

Hamblin said it didn't matter that she failed to advance beyond the heats, adding that she and D'Agostino would share a lifelong bond as a result of their experience in Rio.

"You come into an Olympic Games and everyone wants to win, everyone wants to medal," Hamblin said. "But, really, as disappointing as this experience is there is so much more to this than a medal.

"When someone asks me what happened in Rio in 20 years time, that's my story."

KABUL adidas superstar australia , Feb.1 (Xinhua) -- Two election campaign workers of a political party were shot dead Saturday evening in western Afghan provi.