ROME, Nov. 30 (Xinhua) -- Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said on Wednesday that a government constitutional reform of scrapping the Senate and other bodies will save state coffers 500 million euros (529.98 million U.S. dollars) a year.

"The way to erase 500 million euros in waste is to vote on Dec. 4," Renzi said in reference to a referendum to be held on Sunday, when Italy's voters will be asked whether they accept or reject the reform.

Renzi explained that under the reform, which has already been approved by parliament, the Upper House will be reduced from 315 to 100 seats, to be filled by regional representatives and city mayors.

Renzi pointed out that opposition to this reform is widespread, even from within the ranks of his own center-left Democratic Party (PD), because if it passes, many elected officials would see their monthly stipends reduced significantly. Future representatives would only be paid as much as the mayor of the capital of their region.

"With this system, the 100 senators will represent their home territories, not a political class," Renzi said.

The young reformist prime minister said Italy has the highest number of MPs in the European Union, and it is also the only country in which the upper and the lower house of parliament have equal powers. This means it can take years to get laws passed.

"We're original, it's true, but we're great at complicating things for ourselves," Renzi said. "It's as if Germany and France were running a 100-meter race, and we insisted on running a 110-meter steeplechase instead -- you'd have to be a truly great athlete to make it."

"The truth is that some politicians are trying to convince citizens to vote 'No' in order to preserve their privileges," Renzi said.

"It's a battle of citizens against the caste. Many will vote 'Yes,' even people who would never vote for me or my party, because they know this train won't be back for another 20 years," he added.

The prime minister also explained that the reform would cancel the current overlap between the jurisdictions of central government and Italy's 20 regions.

Renzi used the example of a number of scandals across Italy, in which municipal employees and public servants of all kinds were caught clocking in to work, only to spend the day shopping instead.

In response, government issued a decree calling for civil servants who clock in only to disappear from their workplace to be fired within 30 days. The decree, which went into effect in July this year, says managers and supervisors who turn a blind eye to such conduct are also liable to get fired.

However, the Constitutional Court earlier this week voided the decree, saying government must seek approval from regional governors in each case.

"If I want to sack a clock-in cheat, I have to ask permission from the Veneto governor," Renzi said. "I think it's madness".

The prime minister also said that while opponents of his reform argue that it should have been designed differently, action is better than paralysis.

"It's better to do something than to do nothing at all," Renzi said. "Why should we spend the coming years just complaining? I want to change things. Some say the reform is not perfect; I say it's better to take a step forward rather than remain at a standstill."

Renzi said: "I hope Italy will choose the future not the past. Nostalgia is beautiful, but hope is even more so."

Eric Benny the chief executive of Eric Benny Sports Management says Yanni Gourde Jersey , “My aim is to nurture talented footballers who are gifted athletes with a unique skill set and help them achieve what they believe in and dream about. Eric Benny, previously the general manger of the Indian Football national team (AIFF) and Palian Arrows, I- League outfit brings in immense caching experience to the India football system making him one of the best football coach in India.

As the General Manager of All India Football Federation’s first professional football club in the I-League – Indian Arrows, Eric created history by building strong liaison with FC Metz, one of France’s top talent nurturing football clubs. This unique and first-of-its-kind relationship gives Indian football players the opportunity to train and play on European soil. Benny moved to an administrative role of managing a football club and academy and took on the role of a Director at a professional football club. But it was really during his tenure at the All India Football Federation that he proved his management prowess and earned his reputation as a top manager. Eric Benny then went on to create several milestones in the history of the game.

Eric Benny Sports Management has set out various academies in different cities in India and tie up with professional football clubs from France and Germany to provide the right opportunity and facility. FC – Metz has produced some of the very best footballers around the globe such as Robert Pires, Louis Saha, Papiss Cisse, Miralem Pjanic and Emmanuel Adebayor. EBSM and Metz is on the lookout for talent every year from different cities across India and FC – Metz believes in providing the best opportunity for the youth of our nation and also changes the structure and improvises the football training in India. The academy hosts some of the best coaches around the world and understand the importance youth development and work along that structure.

The academies and the youth programs emphasizes on school football and football at grass roots level to establish the importance of the sport at the right age whilst providing the perfect nutrition and fitness regimes which is lacki. Jerseys Cheap   NHL Jerseys China   NFL Jerseys Wholesale   College Jerseys China   NBA Jerseys Online   Soccer Jerseys Online   College Basketball Jerseys Cheap   New MLB Jerseys Cheap   NHL Hockey Jerseys Cheap   NFL Football Jerseys Cheap