PARIS, May 27 (Xinhua) -- No. 4 seed Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the French Open due to a "completely new" left wrist injury here Friday afternoon.

"I'm here to announce that I have to retire from the tournament because I have a problem in my wrist that I have had a couple of weeks," said the nine-time champion at a press conference.

"I arrived here with a little bit of pain, something that I think I was able to manage. But every day it was a little bit worse," he added.

The world No. 5 said he and his team tried all treatments possible, spending a lot of hours working on the injured wrist, even with an injection on it with anesthetic, "just to sleep my wrist" .

Things kept getting worse, however, as Nadal felt he could not move much the wrist on Friday morning.

"It's not broken, but if I keep playing, it's gonna be broken next couple of days," he said.

Nadal just reached a milestone at Roland Garros on Thursday after seeing off Argentina' s world No. 99 Facundo Bagnis to come out the eighth man in history recording up 200 Grand Slam match wins.

He had been scheduled to meet Marcel Granollers in the third round before granting walkover to the fellow Spaniard who advances to last 16 against the winner between 13th-seeded Austrian Dominic Thiem and German Alexander Zverev.

"The injury involves the sheath of a tendon in my wrist. It' s not same as previous wrist issues, felt first in Madrid," said Nadal, referring to the right wrist injury he suffered two years ago and some uncomfortable things he mentioned at last month' s Monte Carlo Masters where he was crowned.

Seeking a record 10th triumph at Rolland Garros after humbled by world No. 1 Novak Djokovic in a one-sided quarterfinal last year, Nadal admitted that Roland Garros is a special place for him.

"It's obvious that if it's not Roland Garros, I will probably not take risks on playing the first two days. But it' s the most important event of the year for me, so we tried our best," said the Spaniard, who turns 30 years old in seven days.

"When I am coming to Roland Garros, I am coming thinking about winning the tournament. To win the tournament I need five more matches, and the doctor says that's 100% impossible," he added.

According to Nadal, Friday' s withdrawal announcement was "one of the toughest press conferences in my career."

"Nine times in my career I' ve been able to be healthy here and win this tournament. Now is a tought moment. But it' s not the end," he said.

"I feel myself with the right motivation and the right energy to be back in Roland Garros the next couple of years, and I really hope to keep having my chances in the future."

Nadal said the injury might keep him sidelined for three months, but that no one could tell exactly how long it' d take to fully recover.

"I will not play before I have recovered entirely," he added. "There' s no way I can play before I can use the forehand."

BEIJING Candido Ramirez World Cup Jersey , Feb. 5 (Xinhua) -- China's central bank said it will tighten regulations on domestic investors' participation in overseas transactions of "initial coin offerings" (ICOs) and virtual currency as risks are still high in the sector.

Overseas ICO transaction platforms pose risks including illegal offerings, false information, fraud and pyramid schemes, according to the People's Bank of China (PBOC).

Regulators warned that domestic investors should be alert to risks and refrain from participating in speculation in virtual currency transactions.

China will take a string of measures to guard against financial risks and maintain stability, according to the PBOC.

"ICOs, in essence, are a kind of unauthorized and illegal public fundraising and are suspected of having ties to criminal activities such as financial fraud and pyramid schemes," according to an earlier statement from the central bank.

Last September, authorities ordered a ban on ICOs and shut down all virtual currency exchanges in the country, as the rapidly expanding market triggered concerns over financial risks.


Britain will not “surrender” in its fight to win a bespoke deal with the European Union that would offer tariff-free trade as well as control over immigration, a minister said Sunday before a crunch week for the government in Brexit negotiations.

Interior Minister Amber Rudd was one of several senior Conservative lawmakers to take to the airwaves to support Prime Minister Theresa May, under pressure from Brexit hardliners who fear she is diluting her plans for a clean break with the EU.

With reports in the local media suggesting that pro-Brexit ministers are being urged to get ready to replace May, Rudd tried to play down the deep divisions in government, saying there was more unity than so-called Brexiteers thought.

“We want to have a bespoke agreement. Now we’re not going to surrender before we have that battle,” Rudd told the BBC when asked whether ministers were pursuing what the EU has already ruled out as “having its cake and eating it” — demanding tariff-free access to the EU’s market while controlling immigration.

She also told the Andrew Marr Show she supported May in demanding that EU citizens arriving after Brexit Day in March 2019 should have settlement rights different to those who came before that date — something the EU has opposed.

Asked whether Brexit campaigners were right to say that some in the Cabinet were trying to blunt prospects for a wholesale departure from the EU, Rudd said: “I have a surprise for the Brexiteers, which is the committee that meets in order to help make these decisions ... is more united than they think.”

Her words come at the beginning of a week when the government will flesh out some of its demands in negotiations with the EU on their future relationship and Brexit discussion. Cheap Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap Wholesale Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys China Free Shipping   Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale   Cheap College Jerseys   Cheap NHL Jerseys China   Wholesale Soccer Hats China   Wholesale Hats