GABORONE www.zapatillascortez.es , April 22 (Xinhua) -- Botswana's top 800m runner Nijel Amos this week signed a deal with renowned South African sports agency Newton Sports Agency, the company announced on Wednesday.

According to a statement from the company received here, the 21-year old signed an exclusive multi-year agreement that will see the agency represent him with his global strategy through marketing, endorsements and appearances.

"I think what Newton Sports Agency has built across Africa in the past few years is really dynamic and I feel like it's the right fit for me as a professional," Amos was quoted as saying in the company statement. "My focus is to continue to improve my performances over the next few years and with 2016 Rio Olympic Games around the corner I would like to maximize my exposure."

Amos further hailed the agency saying as an elite athlete zapatillas nike cortez baratas , he needs a professional management team and Newton Sports Agency had done an exceptional work with Olympic athletes before, hence he signed with them.

"I chose them because I want to know that my commercial interests and profile are in good hands while I concentrate on the track," he said.

Amos started making headlines when he won the world junior championships in Barcelona in 2012. From there he went on to win Botswana's first Olympic medal, a silver at the London Olympic Games where he was beaten by Rudisha in one of the most anticipated 800m finals in history.

He recorded his best time of 1:41:73 in the final. His fame continued to rise as he beat Rudisha to claim gold at the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games, the year he also finished as world number one ranked 800m athlete. He currently resides in Potchefstroom nike cortez baratas hombre , South Africa where he trains.

LONDON, June 19 (Xinhua) -- British car maker Jaguar Land Rover has announced in Liverpool that its plant in the city will make a all-new model of sports SUV car.

"A new Land Rover Discovery Sports model is the next in line of exciting products to come from Jaguar Land Rover. I am delighted Liverpool has been selected for this new investment," Ralf Speth, the company's CEO, said on Wednesday night.

Speth said the new line will generat 250 new jobs nike cortez baratas , bringing the workforce at its Halewood, Liverpool factory to 4,750 -- more than treble the number of employees in 2010.

It will also mean an investment of more than 200 million pounds (341 million U.S. dollars) at the factory to make the new model.

Like the Range Rover Evoque - the company's fastest selling model of all time - also made at Halewood, the new sports car is likely to generate global interest.

Last year more than 200,000 Evoque car were built at Liverpool Mujer Nike Air Presto Zapatillas Granates Camo , up 12 percnet year-on-year and Speth said he was confident sales this year would be just as strong.

Four out of every five vehicles built at the Halewood factory are exported to 170 global markets.

The new Land Rover Discovery Sport, available in the showrooms from 2015, will be the most versatile and capable vehicle in the compact SUV segment.

It is the first member of an all-new family of Discovery vehicles, inspired by the Discovery Vision Concept which was spectacularly showcased at this year's New York International Auto Show. (1 pound = 1.703 U. S. dollars)

Jason Thompson (R) of Fenerbahce Dogus competes during their final match against CSKA Moscow of Zadar Basketball Tournament in Zadar, Croatia Hombre Nike Air Presto Zapatillas Granates , Sept. 24, 2017. Fenerbahce Dogus won by 76-72. (XinhuaDino Stanin)

In pics: paddy fields across China

Autumn scenery of Kanas scenic area in NW China's Xinjiang

10th Pink Ribbon Charity Walk held in Switzerland

Chinese, Pakistani air forces conduct joint drill

Paddy cultivation area in China's Yanbian surpasses 46,000 hectares

China Focus: Beijing-Shanghai railway speed rises to 350 kph

Highlights of 10th China Acrobatics Golden Chrysanthemum Awards

Wildlife paradise: Changtang National Nature Reserve in China's Tibet

HAVANA, Sept. 9 (Xinhua)-- Hurricane Irma on Saturday continued whipping the northern coast and keys of central Cuba after it made landfall in the central part of the country.

At 6:00 a.m. local time (1000 GMT) Mujer Nike Air Presto Zapatillas Blancas , Irma's core was located at 22.5 degrees north latitude and 79.0 degrees west longitude, exactly over Santa Maria island and about 50 km east southeast of the town of Caibarien in central Villa Clara province, Cuban's Institute of Meteorology reported.

Hurricane Irma, a powerful Category 4 storm, swept Cuba's northeastern Romano Key late Friday in the central province of Camaguey.

It kept maximum sustained winds up to 250 km per hour during the night Hombre Nike Air Presto Essential Zapatillas Negras , with higher gusts and a minimum pressure of 930 hectopascal while moving towards west at 19 kmh.

With this movement, the storm is most likely to impact the north of Cuba's western territories on Saturday, including the capital Havana, which could be affected by heavy rains and coastal floods as well as tropical winds.

According to the forecast, in Havana's famous sea front promenade El Malecon Hombre Nike Air Presto Flyknit Ultra High Zapatillas Blancas , coastal flooding will begin at the end of the morning with waves of between 3 to 4 meters, which is expected to reach between 6 to 7 meters in the afternoon and evening.

More than 1 million people have been evacuated in several provinces in eastern and central Cuba, which were heavily impacted by Irma, local authorities said Friday.

Besides putting local residents in peril, the storm badly damaged more than 50 hotels in the northern Camaguey archipelago Hombre Nike NSW Cortez Flyknit Azul Blancas Zapatillas , a popular tourist attraction in Cuba.

At some time on Saturday, Irma will start to make a northwest turn and head to the U.S. state of Florida for a direct hit on Sunday.

Irma is considered the most powerful Atlantic hurricane on record. It left at least 20 people dead in the Caribbean and destroyed the islands of Barbuda and St. Martin.